Thursday, July 26, 2007

We've been in Canada for a week

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't written lately, but we were in Canada for a week visiting Josh & Melinda. For those who don't know, Josh is my son from my first marriage. Melinda is 4 months pregnant too. They have a nice farm up north in Ontario.

We weren't able to get online so hence, my lack of writing. Canada is a nice place to visit. One of the things I didn't like about it was the mosquitoes. They were like a plague. At night they come out by the thousands. We went to the river to go swimming one day, & the horse flies ate us up. But one of the nice things about it is it only last for about 2 months.

Josh & Mel are super into health food & they have all the books from the Kent Hovind web site, plus all the DVD's. If you've never been to Kent Hovinds web site, I'd highly recommend his site. It is www.drdino.com. He gave me some of his books that I didn't have.

Another interesting thing that happened to us, & it just shows you how the Lord works in mysterious ways, is that we ran into some folks we hadn't seen in about 9 years. I'm sure some of you guys remember Solomon & Gem. Well, Sandy & Mel were out in North Bay at the Wal-Mart, & they ran into those guys there making balloons for the kids. Who would have thought they would be there. They live near Toronto. Needless-to-say, we had a nice visit with them & had some closure over some issues that had happened before. If everyone could say a prayer for Gem as she has one of her vocal chords that is paralyzed ,which makes it hard for her to talk.

I loved all the animals on the farm. I'd say Josh has about 30 to 40 rabbits which run all over the place, 40 turkeys, 20 or so chickens, which is where he gets all of his organic eggs. He has 5 goats. One is only about 4 months old, real cute & friendly, loves to get petted, but, alas, he is on death row. The same goes for the 2 pigs. But only the female pig is on death row. After she has a litter, she goes under the knife. But that is the way it goes on a farm. He also has 2 big horses, Belgians, & one pony. The male horse has a problem with one of his hoofs, & if it doesn't heal soon, he might have to go to the glue factory. The female horse is named Sandy. What a cute name. Oops, I better watch it. Oh yes, let's not forget the 2 cats. I believe that is all.

Anyway, I need to get back in the swing of things here. I just got a couple more books on the subject of Aliens. I won't leave you hanging, I promise. Next post I will fill you in on some more info. Maybe I will just give you the web site, & let you all read it for yourselves, then you can ask me any questions you might have.

That's it for now. Until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's where you've been. Josh finally got his wish of a farm with lots of animals. I'd know more about him if he'd only write. Sounds like you guys had a real good time.

Alien Watcher said...

Oh yes, we had a blast. Josh checks his emails maybe once a day, & when he writes it is short, sweet, & to the point. He is thinking of moving to British Colombia. He wants to be away from everyone. He reminds me of what I was like when I was his age. Ha!!

Blog God said...

Awesome, glad to see you guys had some fun visiting them.